Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Welcome to the World Libby!

Sunday we began our daily events for the summer - Church, lunch, Jeremy on the golf course and Elizabeth finding a relaxing/cool activity to occupy her time until the arrival of baby Given.
Around 3:00 that afternoon, I began having contractions that were 10 minutes apart.
They were still happening around 8:00 that night, so of course I tell myself and Jeremy that "this is it" the moment I have been waiting for. I get in the shower, finish packing my bags and all of a sudden, the contractions stop. No more contractions...false labor I guess, so there I sat all ready to go have a baby and nothing...
Sure enough about 2 hours later they started again, this time they were worse and felt more like true labor (but then again, being that I have never done this before how am I supposed to know what that feels like?) I had them all night and the next morning too, so around 9:00 we went up to the hospital. They decided to keep me there for the big event and by 6:08 p.m. Elizabeth Jane Given was welcomed into the world. It was a great day and a great experience (after I got the epidural).
She weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and is 20 inches long. The biggest surprise was a head full of fuzzy dark hair. We finally got discharged from the hospital Wednesday afternoon. Jeremy was ready to be in his own domain. I, on the other hand loved the hospital, the nurses and that little red call button. I will say it is nice being home and Jeremy has been a great nurse and daddy. He is a pro at diaper changing and swaddling.
Now we are just adjusting to our non-existent sleep schedule and a curious dog.
When we brought her home I think Hagan was more excited to see us, but then last night when we were all going to bed and he realized she was still here, I think it hit him that life as he knew it will never be the same.
See pics of the big day below...
Jeremy & Elizabeth before our lives changed forever

Libby looking slightly swollen after the big event, but still as cute as ever...

Mom & Dad with sweet Libby Jane

Looking very french in my beret`

Jeremy's favorite girls

1 comment:

Jane said...

Love that last pic of Libby Jane and her Mama! Can't wait to get there and see ya'll!!