Monday, June 30, 2008

Going to the chapel~

The last weekend in June was reserved for the Colvin-Washer wedding. Christina Colvin got married and it was quite a throw down.


Christina & David

Jeremy was not there due to a fishing trip on the Gulf, (his last hoorah before becoming a daddy) However, I had lots of dancing partners and lots of fun, despite Jeremy being out of town.


Callie, Mom, Me and Pat doing our best prom pose



Me and the Booth men - plenty of dancing partners to go around



Mom, Dad and Mary Ruth (mother of the bride)


Jim & Theresa Hughes - one of our favorite couples!

Russell and Callie - cutting a rug

This was my favorite detail of the night...of course being pregasaurus rex, I was drawn to the candy bar. There were jelly bellies, chocolate covered pecans, jordan almonds and more all in the wedding colors...I was sure to stop by the table on the way out...

Normally at a wedding, after a few cocktails and the band has warmed up, I don't leave the dance floor...but with a few extra pounds these days and even with flip flops - (getting rid of the heels after the ceremony was a must!)
I decided to be more of a "spectator" at this event...I did dance a few numbers with Dad, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...Jane also has inherited this love of a good band and a dance floor...the wedding was so much fun and I had a great time seeing old friends and celebrating.





No comments: