Monday, March 22, 2010

Took a trip on an airplane.

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind...We went on a trip to Columbus, Ohio.
Mimi, Libby and I flew up for a long weekend to spend some quality time with the Morris girls.
We had such a great time together and had alot of fun watching the girls "interact" (or better yet watch Julia be ever mindful of everyone's actions, Maggie attempt to take Libby out, and Libby antagonize Julia and Maggie because its just so much fun)

It was great to have un-interrupted time together because it is just so rare.
Libby had alot of firsts that weekend. She got to go to Mother's Day Out with Maggie Moo Moo. I think she was upset at first, but seemed to do okay for the most part. She did some amazing artwork that I am sure the teachers had no part in at all.

She also had her first baby-sitter (meaning only family and close friends have watched her).
Miss Allie seemed to handle all three girls pretty well and Libby did just fine.

Mom, Jane and I enjoyed a little free time and also spiffed up the Morris home while we were there.
What is it about organinzing someone else's stuff? It's just better than diong your own house....
When we got home it didn't take long to start missing them. After a day or two cooking breakfast in chaos becomes kind of fun...it was quiet at our house and somehow Hagan was not as entertaining after spending time with Mimi, Julia, Maggie and Aunt Janie.

This picture pretty much sums up much of what we were dealing with - we are not used to sharing at our house.

Julia and Mimi practicing her letters...not sure if she has told you but Mimi majored in Child development and reminds us of that often.


Libby stealing grapes, taking a bite and putting them back in the bowl.


Ready for the big day at MDO - I never realized how much they favored each other.

Good Morning Moo Moo!

Julia showing Libby how all the toys work - such a good helper


Look at this face, the stride, determination...if this doesn't warn me for the terrible two's I don't know what does...she was on a mission for dips (chips) - at 9:00 in the morning...I pray alot during the day.

Libby always gets compliments on two things - her hair and her belly.
Hair: she has alot of it, especially for her age - and let me do this to it today.
Belly: it's round and cute, what's not to love?

And she's a bookworm...

2 comments:

Jane said...

love that the margarita's are out behind mom in that one pic. Crack me up!! I have to get on it and put some of my pics up too!!

Lindy said...

I'm so glad you got to spend a weekend with all the girls. I know you had so much fun. Aidan and I just returned from a long weekend in Texas. It definitely made me wish that my sister lived closer.